Tuesday, November 2, 2010

To Ioana

"A few sketches here and there are getting filled by color and texture, some tears and dust here and there, but mostly sparkles and feathers…We don’t know what the painting will look like at the end. Something tells me it will be beautiful, but most of all it will be our painting. "

As you had mentioned earlier - the picture is never going to be complete - I've always felt that if one has reached a point of satisfaction, you have also reached a point of stagnation. In many ways its a balance of being voracious when we look to the future WHILE finding fulfillment in the now. So in this sense, I believe that your picture is already beautiful and unique and will continue to change and be.

I also completely empathize with you - it is so difficult to believe that weekend after weekend after weekend I have fallen into beautiful spaces full of beautiful people - each connection adding just a little bit more to my knowledge about the world and about myself. I can't express to you how fortunate we truly are.

Love as always,
Leslie