Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Poly-amory - No Thanks for Now

Hey Ionana -

I wanted to respond to your letter I received in the mail today - possibly to clarify a few things and continue to grow alongside you. This is what I wrote without correction after I read your letter -
"My sincerest apologies to you Yo-yo.

Adding the entire concept of polyamory to the mix made for quite a interestingly confusing time. From what I had understood, You and Zach had not yet defined the nature of your polyamorous relationship and were in the midst of sailing uncharted waters. You had mentioned that the two of you were defining and conceptualizing as you went through experiences.

While I was not intersted in having a three-way, I was considering another option with which I felt more comforatble - being intimate with only Zach. This was not meant to offend; however, I do apologize that it did. I'm sorry.

An explanation - I have my own own ideologies and personal boundaries that I was bringing to your (pl.) dynamic - what I had to offer to a polyamorous relationship. I subjectively define polyamory as being fully intimate in every way, shape, and form with more than one being, being "in love" with more than one being - requiring each partner to supporting each other in fostering these types of relationships with others. This being sequestered from an open-relationship, in which intimate partners have causal sexual relations with others openly."

That being said, I completely understand what you refer to when you mentioned "the how". I am also one to support the adage "its not what you do, its how you do it" - the undertones of the what are inexcusable as well as unexplainable.

Are you still reading :)

I look at this incident as a learning experience, not so much as a moot point; however, conversing with Zach the other night reminded me that I am currently endulging myself in, as Osho names, "aloneness" - being as selfish as my Piscean heart will allow for the first time in a long time. I've given perhaps too much of myself to others and now is my time to be introspective and focus on myself for a change. In which case, being involved in my definition of a polyamorous relationship is infeasible.

For now, I recommend that we forget this confusion *lighten our hearts* >>PlAy<< and simply enjoy each other's company and as you say //Grow Together//. And I might like to add that you and Zach are very fortunate to have found each other.

All my love to you as always,
Leslie

And here's some silly shit to throw in the mix :)