Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Drummer



Even though I have returned home from my travels for only a week, I can see myself slipping back into my stagnant routine - switching through my few hobbies so frequently, that little focus or patience has truly be given to any of them. It is truly difficult to be *alone* and to create your motivation entirely from within.

Watching this film, as an outside force, reminded me of my path and motivated me to continue my practice with poi and music. As the director transfers,

"If you drum for one week, you will have one week's worth of skill. If you drum for three years, you will have three years worth of skill. There is no short cut"

While the zen drummers have a community and support system to encourage each other to work hard, learn, and grow - I, alone, must continue to develop myself, to work hard, to learn, and to grow. I am so fortunate to have had watch a movie that would inspire to continue my work.