Monday, May 10, 2010

Never Satisfied.

I bought a burrito from a man on the street. Amongst other things he explained to me that life will go up, life will go down, and that you will constantly be searching for something, striving for something more. Is it a part of our human nature (or consumerist culture) to never be satisfied?

An analogy for this ideology is replicated through the idea of business. The success of a business requires an increase of profits annually. The accumulation of possessions and monies is endless - there is no ceiling. Stagnation is considered failure. The economy is never satisfied

Is this what the man was referring to - that no being is every truly content with his/her position in life?

Parts of me take this statement to be truly depressing - a feeling that I will be eternally incomplete. Was he suggesting to me to accept the fact and settle?

I believe somehow that this statement can be interpreted in a positive light, but I can't put my finger on it - probably because I'm in a bad head space right now - so I was hoping you guys could lend a hand *-_-*