Monday, March 1, 2010

re Music

Music, above all, is my most treasured hobbie. Music is the expression of mood through music. Moods exist in many mediums such as physical expression, verbal communication, and mental situation - all of which can be translated into BPM, drum and bass, highs and lows, dance and movement, as well as lyrics in order to create an atmosphere of various moods. From this observation, it can be concluded that choice of music has drastic effects on one's mood.

In this experiment, I would like to start using music as therapy. Music therapy is a field I have not yet explored; however, I recently met a music therapist that may be able to guide me through the foundations.

In the meantime, a fundamental task is to have my music accessible and organized. This past week I have been compiling and organizing my music collection. While this process will certainly take me another week to finish, sampling many tracks throughout the process has been thrilling as well as a motivation to finish.

Once my library is organized, I will have access to creating a "mixed tape" for a few of my friends that are not familiar with electronic music - and maynbe one day, learn how to synthesize my tracks.

A few other goals in regards to music -
- post inspirational lyrics/track links
- dsicuss the idea of a concept album
- purchase/download essential influential albums I have lost along the way
- sort through my various electronic tracks in order to learn the system of sub-genres